Sunday, July 1, 2012

Previous Brews

Just a quick catch up on the previous batches ...

Batches 0001 to 0005: These were a set of cider experiments, each with a different juice base.  One with Sprouts organic cider, one with Sun Harvest organic cider, one with Hi Plains Orchard's unpasteurized apple cider (from a frozen gallon), one with Mott's, and one with Mott's that was reinforced with 6 oz of apple juice concentrate.  These are currently aging in the secondaries.


Batch 0006: This was a Saint Arnold Lawnmower clone brewed on June 2nd.  The style was kölsch.  It was tasty, but a bit sweeter than I had anticipated it being. However, that did not stop me from killing the keg. :)

Lemon-Berry Sangria
Batch 0007: Lemon Wine (aka, Skeeter Pee).  Using the recipe from SkeeterPee.com, I brewed this up on June 27 and bottled about 8 weeks later. It came out tasting like cheap wine (which is what it was), but I found that when mixing it with raspberries, blackberries, and some lemon slices, I got a very tasty Lemon-Berry Sangria.  Up to that point, I'd about decided not to make it again.  But sangria changed my mind.  I'm down to about 7 bottles but will probably wait until spring to brew up another batch of this summer-time treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment